2018 November 16 – 18
Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 — Lone Star Indoor Sports Center (LSISC) 222 S Mayhill Rd #101, Denton, TX 76201 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- All Students — Taught by John Ray-sensei
- Observers are welcome.
- Please arrive early (before 6 p.m.) to help set up.
- No planned get together afterwards
Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018 — Lone Star Indoor Sports Center
LSILSC 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. All day instruction by BTIK Kancho. John Ray-sensei, Emily Egan-sensei, Charles Mahan-sensei, John Lautermilch-sensei, Jon Andresen-sensei
- Please arrive early enough to change. The gym opens at 8:00 a.m. Line up at 8:30.
- Please bring shoes easy to get in and out of – slippers, zori, flip flops, etc.
- Please do not use shinken
- Lunch at Buffet King (https://www.yelp.com/biz/buffet-king-denton) Noon – 1 p.m.
- Practice Taikai during last hour of practice.
- Party at Charles’ and Shannon’s home (100 Mulberry Ln. / Hickory Creek) 6:30 p.m. BYOB
Sunday, Nov. 18, 2018 — LSILSC 9 a.m. – noon. (Doors open at 9)
- Please arrive early to help to set up.
- Practice Taikai. 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.(we will begin as soon as everyone is in and dressed)
- Embukai 11 a.m. – noon.
- Please help to take down: we must be out by 12:30 a.m.
Lunch 1:00 p.m. Sangam Restaurant (https://www.sangamrestaurant.us)
RULES / SUGGESTIONS
- Safety is first and foremost. Please never draw your sword without knowing your immediate surroundings. Stay focused.
- Jump in to help set up and take down.
- Shinken are to be used (if you wish) only at Embu, and only rokudan and up.
- Practice uniform for Friday and Saturday. Dress uniform for Sunday.
- Tabi are OK if very cold, or people have foot issues. OK for all women.
- At social occasions, please allow seniors to go first.
- Please get to know each other.
- If you drink alcohol at get-togethers, please limit your amount or find a ride.
- At practice, instruction, tournament, and embu, please listen to instructions carefully.
- If slippers are supplied at restroom, please use them.
On Sunday after closing ceremony please help take down before you change or leave.